Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Special Day

A non-hockey related post here. 17 years ago, my wife and I had the privilege to adopt our daughter. Born March 10th, she came in to our lives on March 11th. Seven years later, we were blessed to adopt a second child, our son, who was also born on March 10. Seventeen years have flown by since our daughter came into our lives, and I have watched her grow into a beautiful young woman. Over the past ten years I have watched my son develop a love for life, sports, and friends that has no bounds. Like every parent, my wife and I have agonized over decisions that our children have made; worried about their well being; and have been frustrated at times beyond measure. And like every parent, we have watched with pride as they have accomplished success in school or an outside endeavor and have started to grow into good and responsible people.

Happy Birthday, Meg and Matt. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment