Friday, April 10, 2009

The Wheels Come Off


These are the words that I didn't want to write. The season is over. In a game the Preds had to win to keep their flickering playoff hopes alive, the wheels came off and the Preds were rocked by the Wild 8-4, effectively ending their push to the playoffs. Two empty netters, three power play goals, a breakaway goal, and a shorthanded goal were given up tonight by a team that frankly just looked out of gas.

The disappointment that I and all Preds fans feel is palpable. I didn't want the season to end, especially not like this. It leaves a bitter taste. I can salve my wounded feelings somewhat by the fact that this team never quit. This team never let down. This team showed heart and played with character. At the All Star break no one thought we would be here at the end of the season. This team took us on a amazing ride in an attempt to get to the post season. No, I didn't want it to end, but I take pride in the heart, the effort, and the drive this team exhibited.

Thank you, boys, for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment