Instead, the Predators stunk up the rink as they showed no fire and little effort in dropping a 4-0 decision to the Wild.
Lyin' Ryan Suter, Mikael Granlund, Jonas Brodin, and Thomas Vanek scored for the Wild. Suter and Vanek's goals came on the power play.
The Predators hung Pekka Rinne out to dry and never challenged Devan Dubnyk, who sat in his rocking chair with an easy night.
The lack of intensity and attack by the Predators is hugely disappointing as they showed no mental toughness and push back against the Wild in an important divisional game.
- Eric Nystrom and Paul Gaustad returned to the line up for the Predators. As a result, Colton Sissons was reassigned to Milwaukee. Miikka Salomaki was a healthy scratch.
- Cody Hodgson moved up to the first line with Mike Fisher and James Neal. Colin Wilson dropped down to the third line.
- Good night, another odd man rush results in a goal against the Predators. This is the third goal in two games that has come as a direct result of the Predators being outmanned in the defensive zone. I don't know if this is because the lines have been jumbled and there is some confusion but this is really frustrating to see the Predators breakdown like this.
- The Predators continue their undisciplined play as they made a steady march to the penalty box. of the 6 goals that the Wild have scored against the Predators this season, 4 have come on the power play. One of their even strength goals in this game came just 13 seconds after their power play had ended. Tonight, the Predators had 30 minutes in penalties, including a 10 minute misconduct against Mike Ribeiro.
- Rinne was under assault in this game and got no help from the skaters in front of him. He managed to make some very good saves, but couldn't keep the Wild from storming the net and putting follow up shots on goal, something the Predators have failed to do in their last two games.
- The disturbing aspect of these last two games, besides the loss of discipline, is the lack of intensity and push back from this team, especially the forwards. The Preds forwards have stopped attacking and as such have generated zero quality offensive chances. If they continue to play this way, this will be a very ugly road trip.
- The Predators have been shut out in back to back games and have been outscored 8-0.
They had better figure it out quickly.
My three stars:
1. Thomas Vanek
2. Lyin' Ryan Suter
3. Devan Dubnyk