The Predators played like the Predators in the first and third period with Shea Weber tallying a power play in the first and Olli Jokinen getting a goal in the third.
Unfortunately, the Predators didn't play anything like the Predators have been playing recently in the second period as they sat back on their heels and let the Sens take the game to them.
The Predators horrid second period resulted in the Senators scoring three goals on Carter Hutton en route to a 3-2 win.
Bobby Ryan scored on a power play and Alex Chiasson and Jared Cowen scored even strength goals. Cowen's was the game winner.
Robin Lehner picked up the win for the Senators.
The Predators tried to Pressure and got some good scoring chances in the third period, but they could not get the equalizer and dropped a game they never should have.
- Since returning from missing a few games because of injury, Colin Wilson has played with purpose and energy. When he plays that way and uses his speed and puck handling skills, he can be a dynamic contributor to the team. I really hope Colin can play this style of play consistently and not revert back to a severe case of Legwanditis.
- The Predators seemed to lose their intensity and focus in the second period and got back on their heels and were scrambling in their own zone. This team cannot play like that and expect to win games. Yes, the talent is better on this team and they have been playing well, but they are not good enough to play without energy and focus. The result: Nashville gives up three goals.
- Good to see Olli Jokinen get his first goal and first point as a Predator. The Predators need him to start heating up.
- Shea Weber is just a complete defenseman. Yes, he is known for his booming shot and hard hits, but he is rarely caught out of position defensively. He did a great job breaking up a 2 on 1 in the third period with an exceptional play. It seems to me that he is skating better this season than I have seen him skate in years past.
- Good pressure in the third period with lots of chances, but frankly, the Predators never should have been in that position. The brutal play in the second period cost this team the game.
- Carter Hutton is winless in his three starts. I don't put this loss solely on Hutton, but wow, he is going to have to give the Predators some wins when he is called on to start.
- The Predators out shot the Senators 35-19
Hopefully they learn from this and return to the Bridge with a renewed focus.
My three stars:
1. Robin Lehner
2. Jared Cowen
3. Shea Weber