Random ruminations from your resident curmudgeon...
Signs your country is run by idiots:
- If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not being in this country illegally, your country may be run by idiots.
- If you have to show ID to check out a library book, cash a check, or board an airplane but not to vote on who runs the government, your government may be run by idiots.
- If you can buy two 16 ounce sodas but not one 24 ounce soda because it might make you fat, your country may be run by idiots (actually, I'm looking at you, New York).
- If a 7 year old boy can be thrown out of school because he said his teacher was "cute, but grade schoolers are forced to sit in a sexual diversity and exploration class, your country may be run by idiots.
- If the government's plan to get people back to work is incentivizing not working by offering 99 weeks of unemployment and no requirements that you are actively searching for a job, your country may be run by idiots.
- If your plan to overcome a near financial disaster in our financial system and get out of debt is to print $4 trillion new dollars and continue the practices that got us into trouble in the first place, your country may be run by idiots.
- If hard work and success are met with ever higher taxes and more government regulation while not working is rewarded with EBT cards, free phones, subsidized housing, and WIC cards, your country may be run by idiots.
- If ignoring the rules for immigration and throwing open the borders to anyone with no screening and controls, and then putting those people on the public dole, your country may be run by idiots.
- If you have elected leaders that do not live under the same laws and retirement system they foist on the rest of us, you may live in a country run by idiots.
- If the federal government wants to take guns away from law abiding citizens, but wants to arm terrorist groups in the Middle East, you may live in a country run by idiots.
And that, my friends, is my view.
*stick tap to From Two Minds blog for some of these entries