Friday, September 18, 2009

My View


Random thoughts from a warped and fevered mind...


I took my son to the preseason game against Atlanta last night. Just to walk in the arena and see that sheet of ice and the players gliding through the pre-skate made me realize how much I missed the game. When I looked over at my son and saw the joy on his face to be back at a game, I recalled David Freeman's words. In his "Skate of the Union" comments this summer, he said that the game in Nashville was putting down deep roots, and that the generation of children that have grown up watching the Predators will be the rock solid fan base of the future. And he is right.


I bought a shampoo that promised me extra body. So far, I've gained four pounds.


Last week, I posted about the dispute between the U.S. and Canada regarding the charter flights of Canadian hockey teams that flew from one U.S. city to another, a practice called cabotage. It appeared that the current administration was going to strictly enforce a rule that had not been enforced for years, which would have created havoc with the travel arrangements for these hockey clubs in the upcoming season. Fortunately, Prime Minister Stephen Harper and President Barack Obama have reached an agreement in principal to allow these charter flights to operate normally. This was an obstacle that needed to be overcome before the start of the season, and fortunately for teams and their fans, this has occurred.


If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap, and easy.


Our thoughts and prayers continue with Cathy Oakes, wife of Buddy Oakes, our friend and Preds on the Glass blogger. According to Buddy, it fortunately appears that Cathy does not have an issue with her heart. However, doctors are still trying to determine the cause of her chest pains and she is undergoing continued tests. Continue to send your best wishes to Cathy and to Buddy. We hope for a determination of what is causing her problem and for a speedy recovery.


I get plenty enough exercise pushing my luck.


I will be blogging about the Predators at a new website started by long time hockey writer and blogger, B.D. Gallof. The site is Hockey Independent and can be found at www.hockeyindependent.com/blog . Writers are covering all 30 teams and League issues as well. I am honored to participate and I invite you to take a look.


I have a hot dog philosophy of life- relish today and ketchup tomorrow.


And that, my friends, is my view.

No comments:

Post a Comment